Skip to content

Ann Taylor’s New Look

anntaylor

Amidst all the new fall fashions this year one store stands out among the rest of the its mall cohorts.  Ann Taylor has debut its newly redesigned collection and website.  Still feminine and full of luscious fabrics and affordable, the new look has something for everyone.

Need a dress that can go from the office to an nighttime event?  The silk shirt dress is simply gorgeous.  While still holding onto its classic style and using fall’s understated jewel tones like malachite, aubergine, cranberry and more the collection has traditional items like a white dress shirt, button down shirt with french cuffs and pieces sleeveless ruffled blouses that work perfectly with jeans or a pencil skirt.  Many of the items can easily go from work wear to weekend wear.  Ann Taylor’s newest pieces are incredibly versatile and striking. Using fabrics like silk, cashmere, Georgette and chiffon it offers impeccable lines and tailoring.  Rounding out the line are leather handbags, a nice array of statement necklaces and other accessories as well as boots, pumps and other shoes that will help keep you in style through the fall and winter.  The quality you have come to expect from the brand is still there too.

The next time you find yourself strolling through the mall alone or even with a stroller in tow, take a look at what Ann Taylor has to offer.  It will leave you surprised and inspired while still going easy on your fall clothing budget.

Be Sociable, Share!

13 Responses to “Ann Taylor’s New Look”

1. Valerie says:

What happened to the fabulous fit of Ann Taylor’s pants?? The Margo and Lindsay pants were the best fitting pants I ever bought. I didn’t even have to them on because they were always perfect! The new Signature and Modern Pants are horrible!!! They make my hips look wide and the rear view makes my butt look 60 years old. Very unattractive to say the least. It just doesn’t make any sense that Ann changed their phenomenal fit. It is too bad because they have lost me as a customer. Surprisingly, I was lucky to find great fitting pants at Talbots. (They fit just like Ann Taylor’s Margo and Lindsay pants!) The fabrics are very nice, and they still have lining in many of the styles, and they make your butt look great!

2. Shelley says:

I can’t believe I found this post! I am so disappointed with Ann Taylor. I wear only their clothes and agree, the Margo pants were the best! I did not even have to try them on in the store. I know, if I grab “my size” they will be perfect every time.

I am a petite sized person and the most wonderful thing about the Margo pants(in petite size) is that I never required them to be hemmed. It is a huge inconvenience. The Signature and Modern pants are the worst! The modern style sits way too low and pull right across the front so there are hideous fold across the pockets. Not to mention, there is so much gong on with the flap over button close that, with a fitted shirt(or sweater) over it gives the appearance of a huge bulge. Not attractive thank you! Dear Ann, PLEASE bring back the Margo pants. It devastates me to lose the only establishment wear I purchase clothing.

3. margaret says:

It looks like someone actually copied and pasted an add off of anntaylor.com. Ann Taylor used to be the only store I shopped at. Now it’s difficult to find the things they were famous for- simple suits, fitted tops, and amazing skirts. The new signature pants are awful and please please start to realize that skirts come in shapes other than pencil!!!!

4. Kathy Doan says:

I totally agree about the new fit of Ann Taylor pants. I loved the Margo pants, and I have a pair of Audrey dress pants that fit great! I bought a pair of capris with the new fit, and I think I will have to pay to have them altered. I think I will try Talbots next time. Also, I wish they had a few longer dresses. I can’t wear short skirts any more.

I bought a couple of tops and a pair of sandals at Ann Taylor’s recently. After I got home I realized I forgot to print out and bring my 30% off Friends and Family coupon. I called and asked if I could do a price adjustment. They said no, I had to do that at the time of purchase.

That really made me mad. I know they used to always honor things like that in the past. I’m very disappointed in Ann Taylor right now!

5. TJ says:

I hate the new Ann Taylor look. I am also someone who bought 90% of my clothes there until the “new look.” I think they are going to lose more customers than they will gain, then they will have close. Don’t close, Ann, bring back the old you!

6. Valerie says:

I am so happy to hear other women complaining about the fit of Ann Taylor’s pants! I revisit the store every few months to see if the pants have improved, but they haven’t. Margo and Lindsay pants were the best fitting pants I have every bought! Even the salespeople said that Margo and Lindsay pants fit better than the new ones! They told me to complain on the Ann Taylor website because the corporate office actually listens to customers. I have not heard back from Ann Taylor, but maybe if enough of us complain they will actually listen!!! I don’t understand why they messed up the pant fit. Margo and Lindsay were VERY flattering, not too tight, and did not accentuate my thighs. The pants that are in the store now are horrible. They say that now they are more “hip”, but the crotch is strange and uncomfortable, with pulls at the front, and the rear view is horrendous! There are weird diagonal folds from the butt into the crotch. Margo and Lindsay looked great in the back, and gave me a perkier butt, without any folds or wrinkles. I still have many pairs, which I am not getting rid of! It was a dumb decision in a tough economy of Ann Taylor to make risky changes and turn off customers. I can understand making changes in style, but the FIT should not have been sacrificed!! As the saying goes: ” If it isn’t broken why fix it??”

7. janet says:

I totally agree with the other women regarding the new fit..it is awful. I feel fat in them even when I am skinny..I don’t buy pants at Ann Taylor’s anymore either.

8. L says:

I am so sad! it is nearly impossible for me to find pants that fit well. About a year ago I bought lindsay fit chinos for casual fridays at work — they were way more than I normally spend but I paid the bucks because they fit so well. I gained a few pounds, then lost a few pounds, and this morning I pulled the pants out and put them on — Viola! fabulout fit! I was so excited that I was ready to log on to the site and buy as many pairs as they make in that fit when lo’ and behold I discover that they’ve abandoned the style! Ack! (I mean, of course they did — I finally found pants that fit — why would anyone keep making them?????) The salesperson online couldn’t tell me whether the old fit translates into one of the three new ones, but your posts have told me they don’t. Thank goodness it’s Friday so I can go cry in a glass of wine! Bad decision. Very bad.

9. L says:

10. salsa7288 says:

I TOTALLY agree. The Margo pants were the best!! Ann Taylor, please bring them back!!!

11. Deborah says:

I agree. Margo pants were the best, and they are dumb to have discontinued them. I have contacted the company to complain, and wanted to make the link available to others so that you can complain too. The more the merrier. The link is:

12. sjt says:

I agree. The Lindsay pant was the best fitting pant ever. The Modern fit doesn’t have any size consistency. A size 2 in black isn’t necessarily the same size/fit in other colors. The new pants look like those that I used to wear from Express when I was in college and working part-time–polyester with a wrinkly zipper flap, that would catch a shine if I ironed them on too high a setting. At least Express had the decency to charge only $40-$50 for the pants. I still check the website every week or so but never see anything that I must have, or even that I sort of like. All the blousy, baggy tops look the same now from one season to the next. Some of the newer color blocked blouses look like they could double as nursing blouses with those awkward fabric flaps on the chest and buttons down the side. The shirt dresses for summer 2011 look almost exactly like those from summer 2010. Why do I need two dresses almost exactly alike? The quality has very much declined and many of the styles are “blah” at best. Too much beige and black. I already have enough beige and black. What’s with that orange wool skirt for early fall? Really, how many people look good in orange? Cute style but the color won’t flatter many people. The outfits aren’t coordinated online. Did anyone see the teal cowl neck top paired with the white lace skirt on the website under “Blouses”? Totally wrong together and just looked awful. Ann Taylor used to sell sharp, tailored, feminine clothing of the best quality. The fabrics now are cheap, many of the prints are unattractive, the cuts aren’t flattering even on the gorgeous models…imagine how they’ll look on women with figure flaws. Ann Taylor has reinvented itself, that’s for sure; but has lost a loyal customer. I’ve been shopping on ebay lately for AT classics from years past because there’s nothing I like in the stores. It’s really sad because AT has some of the nicest, most helpful sales associates, and they are going to suffer when sales decline.

13. Valerie says:

Wake Up Ann Taylor!! Haven’t enough of us complained by now for you to bring back Margo and Lindsay pants?? For many years Ann Taylor WAS the only store that sold great fitting pants consistently. I still have some Margo and Lindsay pants from a few years ago, and I wear them so frequently that the linings are falling apart! They are truly the most comfortable and flattering pants I have ever purchased. Nothing else out there is comparable. Please bring them back!!

Add Comments