Several family members—including my husband—tell me I’m hard to shop for. Um, hello: I write a shopping blog.
I talk about things I like several times a week! But, in the interest of spelling it out as clearly as possible, here’s what I really want this year. Ahem.
1. MW, my husband, claims that everything I feature on Cheryl Shops is expensive. Totally not true! But just to humor him, I would really like this Alexander Wang prisma tote. I already have one in bright blue (which I love!), but it’s a warm-weather color, and, really, nothing says winter to me like leopard-print haircalf. And, hey, this one is on sale!
2. I think this Kalayana jewelry holder is kind of hilarious, if a little sacrilegious. But who better to watch over my precious baubles than the Hindu goddess of wealth, wisdom, and grace?
3. Confession: I do not own a coffee maker. This is a travesty. I probably spend $25 a week on takeout coffee. So, in theory, this Nespresso Essenza Espresso Maker (which I fell in love with during our trip to California) should save me a lot of money, right? Money that I could spend on shoes instead!
4. My favorite gifts are things I’d never consider buying for myself. Case in point: I don’t know that I could ever bring myself to purchase something so over-the-top crazy as this rhinestone-encrusted collar necklace from Juicy Couture
, and yet if someone treated me to it, I would wear it with glitzy, glamorous pride.
5. Gloves are one of those things that stores push as a holiday gift, and yet have you ever bought anyone gloves before? Maybe there’s a first time for everything: I’m in glove (pun intended) with this studded style from BCBG
, a much more reasonable version of, um, these
6. I have professed my love for Brulee lingerie before (here
), but their new silk pajama pants
have really pushed me over the edge into full-on infatuation. (Note: there’s a matching top
too.) Size medium in magenta, please!