Before the school year starts, make sure you are stocked up on these back-to-school staples:
Credit: Money Crashers
- Paper Organizer: Help your kids remember to give you important school documents with a standing file organizer. Keep the organizer in a visible, easy-to-reach area and your child can put school papers inside it right after they get home.
- Backpack: If you still haven’t gotten a new backpack for your kids, now is your last chance. A sturdy backpack is worth the investment—look for one with a padded back, multiple compartments and reflective material so your child is more visible to drivers after dark.
- Calendar: A calendar is essential to keep track of all your kid’s homework assignments, sports practices, music lessons and social events.
- Labels: If your kid has the same backpack, lunchbox or sweater as someone else, labels are a must for preventing mix-ups. Use a sharpie or label maker to put your child’s name on all of their belongings.
- Lucky Charm: Send your child to school with a comforting reminder of home. When you are out shopping with them, pick out a little mascot or key chain that they can put in their backpack, locker or desk—they’ll be reminded of you whenever they look at it.