Don’t know about you, but we couldn’t be more excited that it is officially November, aka the month fully dedicated to stuffing your face. The thought that in just a few weeks you can drown myself in a hearty holiday meal without being judged is so comforting. Alright, now that we’ve expressed my obvious excitement for Thanksgiving, here are some tips from Bustle on how to prepare for your festive meal in 5 simple steps. After all, a classy dinner display will have to compensate for our eager appetites.
Credit: A Little Tipsy
- Table Cloth: Let’s be honest, your table is going to encounter a whole lot of action on Thanksgiving night. Make sure to protect it with a tablecloth. Since there may be some spills throughout the evening, we suggest buying one that is easily washable or one that you don’t mind throwing out. A clear tablecloth is great options for protecting festive ones without covering their designs.
- Centerpiece: Bustle suggests dispersing multiple smaller flower vases around the table because the turkey will most likely be the center of attention. You don’t want to take up too much table space with one giant centerpiece. Get creative and add rustic accessories and/or mixing vase styles instead of traditional flower bouquets.
- Dinnerware: There aren’t many occasions throughout the year where you can take advantage of your fancy dinnerware so this is definitely the time to do it! Pull out your best silverware, plates and china. Try to think of how impressed your guests will be rather than the clean up. Beautiful execution is well worth it!
- Cloth Napkins: If you’re thinking about pairing your fancy dinnerware with some paper napkins, just stop right there. Embrace the elegance of the evening and whip out those festive, patterned cloth napkins. Every detail matters! They are usually sold in sets for affordable prices—definitely worth it.
- Place Setting Tags: Make each guest feel special with a personal place setting complete with their individual name. From name tags to pumpkins, there is so much room for creativity when it comes to this tasks. Find 50 more ideas for name cards here.