Halloween is over and the slippery slope of holiday goodies is now in full swing. Go guilt-free with the newest ‘it’ hair style that is a fun variation on the sock bun. The “Cinnabun” is a zero calorie fall look that looks like more of a hair wrap than a looped bun. So put down the sock or bun “donut” and pick up a Cinnabun!
Creating the Cinnabun is easy with just a few steps.
1. Make sure hair is clean and dry. Adding a dose of frizz-free serum helps.
2. Pull all your hair to the back of your head, making sure it is sleek. A fine tooth comb works well for this step. Gather the hair into a ponytail directly at the back-center of your head. Secure with an elastic.
3. Take a small section of hair at the base of the ponytail (about 1-1.5 inches) and make a small loop. The loop should loop under and face down towards your neck. Pin it under the elastic.
4. Take the rest of your hair and separate it into two parts- right and left from the center of the ponytail. Start on the left side first and loosely wrap it around the loop. Make sure the hair is smooth. Pin it in place under and into the bun as you come to the end of this hair piece. Do the same thing with the right side but wrap it in the opposite direction. Keep it smooth with the fine tooth comb. Pin the ends under and into the bun as well.
5. Smooth out the wrapped pieces with the fine tooth comb and then lightly spray the hair into place.
You now have a cute, very stylish Cinnabun!
This style was create by Guido for Redken and was featured on the Nina Ricci Fall 2013 Runway. Mario Russo, owner and lead stylist of Salon Mario Russo!