With so many lengths, cuts, colors and patterns, figuring out which skirt to wear – and what to wear it with – is not an easy task. Check out the tips below we spotted on InStyle to help you find the most flattering combinations:
- Form-Fitting Pencil Skirt: Pair a flattering, form-fitting pencil skirt with leg-lengthening nude pumps to give your ensemble even more glam. For an exceptionally glitzy style, look for a skirt with an embellished fabric.
- Asymmetrical Skirt: Asymmetical skirts are ideal for showing off your limbs. Wear flattering ankle strap heels to give your legs and extra oomph.
- Monochromatic: A continuum of color will create an elongating silhouette. We recommend a silver skirt and pumps for an especially glamorous and sophisticated look.
- Tweed Skirt: Give a textured skirt such as one with tweed fabric an upgrade with patterned heels. This unexpected combo will give your outfit a surprise boost of glam.
- High-Waisted Midi Skirt: Highlight your calves with a form-fitting, below-the-knee midi. Accent the piece with easy-to-walk in wedges.
- Mini Skirt: A high-hemline skirt is great for showing off some leg. Show them off confidently with a pair of patterned flats.
- Full Skirt: For a chic fashion, dress up a full, knee-length skirt with platform pumps.
- High-Split Pencil: A high-split pencil skirt creates a flattering long line – wear it with strappy sandals for an even more slimming effect.